Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Perceive

Do you see?

What do you see? Do you see me,
Or do you see through me?
Am I kind?
Am I mean?
Am I the person I claim to be,
Or am I someone else?

Who am I? Do you know,
Or do you pretend to know me?
Am I your brother?
Am I your friend?
Am I myself,
A person I barely know?

Do you ask yourself, do you wonder,
Is he true, or is this a game?
Is he afraid?
Is he sure?
Is he the one running in circles,
Or are you?

What do you know? And how,
Can you be certain?
Are you yourself?
Are you someone else?
Are you the person you thought I knew,
Or a shadow on the wall?

How can I see? Should I ask,
Where do you stand?
May I speak?
May I question?
May I know your soul,
Or do you keep it from me?

Who sees true? We see each other,
But do we really?
Should we continue?
Should we fail?
Should we make the best,
Or do we quit in the here and now?

See the truth? See what lies,
Beneath the facade, a semblance.
Should we try?
Should we deny?
Should we keep it all,
For better or for worse?

What now? We keep on,
Push ever onwards.
Why not take it?
Why not take flight?
Why fight what we know,
To be true?

Do you see?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 1:04 p.m. , Blogger char said...

How often can I repeat that you're a 15 year old girl? With freckles. And pigtails.

 
At 11:49 p.m. , Blogger Mr. Chu said...

Uh huh. And?

 
At 1:44 p.m. , Blogger Quixotism said...

And that you're a big blob of pink! Oh yes, I'm maybe halfway through God of War II. Where are you?

 
At 1:47 p.m. , Blogger Mr. Chu said...

Haven't bought it yet. But I will, oh yes, I will....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home