Tuesday, February 20, 2007

A New Favourite: Mika


Cineplex theaters has not-so-recently been showing music videos in place of commercials before movies. However, they do not always show the song title, or artist name. So when I saw the video of a very handsome, very talented musician, I was intrigued.

When I got home, I frantically tried to remember some of the words for a Google search. All I could summon was, "Why don't you like me, why don't you like me without making me try?" But that was enough. I was soon on the trail of the newest pop iconoclast, Mika (pronounced Mee-ka).

With music heavily reminiscent of Queen and Prince, he's become an instant hit in the UK. His album debuted at #1 on the charts, and is rapidly spreading his infectious pop-tunes across the Atlantic. The album, Life in Cartoon Motion, is resplendent with bubbly, over-the-top, often funny lyrics, and is loaded with hooks that will stick you until you can't stand it anymore.

You can check out his album on the MuchMusic website.


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home